St. John's Episcopal Church
St. John's Episcopal Church, Jamaica Plain, MA, was built in 1882 and designed by Harris M. Stephenson. It is a Gothic revival church constructed of the Roxbury puddingstone commonly used in the Boston area, with a broad gable over the nave. A smaller gabled addition is to the right of the church, and a massive bell tower stands to the left, creating an interesting three-part composition. The interior is one continuous space, distinguished by large hammer-beam ceiling trusses.
There is a small decorative lancet by John La Farge in this church, of unknown date. The composition features architectural details and a single large “L” in the center.