This website can be explored chronologically, thematically, or geographically. A biography of John La Farge has been provided for context, and there are descriptions of each church and its windows. A simple and advanced search function is available.
The paths that may be followed include:
- Timelines – a biographical timeline of select events in La Farge’s life and career, and a timeline highlighting select stained glass
- An interactive Map of the buildings housing the stained glass featured on the site
- Descriptions of the churches and their windows on the site
- Alphabetical listings of La Farge stained glass, buildings with La Farge windows and architects of these buildings featured on the site
- List of museums with La Farge windows in New England and New York, including those not featured on the site
Each building, stained glass work, and architect record includes hypertext links that weave together related items by collection, building, and tags.
Tags enable the user to explore items and collections with the same date, person, and location tag.
Images may be zoomed to full size, or downloaded to the user’s computer by right-clicking on the image when opened in a new page. High resolution images are not available for download.
All images on the site can be reused under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 license.