Massachusetts: All Saints Episcopal Church
La Farge created two windows in 1883 for Elizabeth (Mason) Winthrop and Ellen Francis Mason and Ida Means Mason. These memorials were dedicated to their deceased sisters, eight-year-old Anna and twelve year old Clara. The windows were installed in the Mason family chapel on Brattle Street in Cambridge, Massachusetts. This chapel, now the chapel of the Episcopal Divinity School, underwent extensive renovations in 1917. The donors granted permission to move these windows to All Saints' Episcopal Church, Whitman, MA in 1917, where they are located today. This church is a small shingle-style building; the architect is unknown.
The lancet windows depict young girls wearing long dresses holding flowers, standing on earth but gazing upward, where angels appear in the clouds.
At some point in the windows’ history, the painted faces were replaced or repainted when the original ones began to flake and peel. Unfortunately, the new faces were completed in a manner that is not consistent with La Farge’s style. This may have been done when many new windows were installed in the 1960s. The hands also seem to be repainted, and there is a new blue and red glass pattern which replaced the original frame.