Van Brunt, Henry (1832-1903)
Van Brunt, Henry, 1832-1903
Born in Boston and educated at Harvard, he practiced architecture in his hometown with William Ware for twenty years. Their buildings with stained glass by La Farge include Memorial Hall, Harvard (1871-78) and Christ Church Episcopal, Lincoln (Lonsdale), RI (1883-84). Van Brunt moved to Kansas City in 1887 to join his partner Frank M. Howe. They had opened their office in 1885, their main client the Union Pacific Railroad. The firm designed the Electricity Building for the Chicago World's Columbia Exposition of 1893. He retired to Massachusetts in 1899 and died there four years later.
Boston College University Libraries