G. Scuole

Title

G. Scuole

Items in the G. Scuole Collection

Three Crowns: Constantinople, Iconium, and Trebizond [reverse of Medal of Mehmed II]
Inscription around circumference: GENTILIS BELLINVS VENETVS EQVES AVRATVS COMES Q PALATINVS F

The Miracle of the Relic of the Cross at the Ponte di Rialto
One of a series of nine paintings (by different artists) depicting the Legend of the True Cross that originally decorated the Sala della Croce of the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista.

Façade of the Scuola Grande di San Marco
The original building, from earlier in the 15th century, burned to the ground in 1485. Reconstruction started under the direction of Buora in 1487, and in 1489, Pietro Lombardo was brought in to oversee the workforce. Mauro Codussi took over in…

Procession in Piazza San Marco
One of a series of nine paintings (by different artists) depicting the Legend of the True Cross that originally decorated the Sala della Croce of the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista.

Miracle at the Bridge of San Lio
One of a series of nine paintings (by different artists) depicting the Legend of the True Cross that originally decorated the Sala della Croce of the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista.

The Martyrdom of the Pilgrims and the Funeral of Saint Ursula
Canvas number 8 of the series of nine large paintings "Stories from the Life of Saint Ursula".

The Baptism of the Selenites
Episode number 6 of the series of seven paintings "Episodes from the Life of Saints Jerome, George and Triphun".

The Dream of Saint Ursula
Canvas number 5 of the series of nine large paintings "Stories from the Life of Saint Ursula".

Mug with Arabic inscriptions
From Iraq or Iran.

Marble screen ("Septo Marmoreo"), the entrance to the courtyard of the Scuola Grande di San Giovanni Evangelista
The Scuola, founded in 1261, moved into a room in a hospice next to the church of San Giovanni Evangelista. Over the following 175 years, the association acquired and remodeled the entire hospice, as well as an adjacent room to the east, and a strip…