E. Santi Giovanni e Paolo

Title

E. Santi Giovanni e Paolo

Items in the E. Santi Giovanni e Paolo Collection

Saint Sebastian, from Saint Vincent Ferrer Altarpiece
Saint Sebastian is the right panel of the triptych.

Façade of the Scuola Grande di San Marco
The original building, from earlier in the 15th century, burned to the ground in 1485. Reconstruction started under the direction of Buora in 1487, and in 1489, Pietro Lombardo was brought in to oversee the workforce. Mauro Codussi took over in…

Tomb of Andrea Vendramin
The tomb was transferred to Santi Giovanni e Paolo in the early nineteenth century.

Adam
From the tomb of Doge Andrea Vendramin, originally in Santa Maria dei Servi, later moved to Santi Giovanni e Paolo, but without the figures of Adam and Eve, which were moved to the Palazzo Vendramin-Calergi.

Upper part of the façade of the Scuola Grande di San Marco
Built in 1260 by the Confraternity of San Marco. Lombardo was enlisted in 1485 to rebuild the Scuola after it was destroyed by a large fire.

Lion of Saint Mark
The lion was adapted from a chimera of late antique eastern origin and mounted on the column in the Piazzetta in the 12th century.

Lion of Saint Mark
The lion was adapted from a chimera of late antique eastern origin and mounted on the column in the Piazzetta in the 12th century.