D. Palazzo Ducale

Title

D. Palazzo Ducale

Items in the D. Palazzo Ducale Collection

View of Jerusalem
This print is in Bernhard von Breydenbach's "Peregrinatio in Terram Sanctam," published in Maintz. Reuwich made prints to illustrate Breydenbach's book that describes his pilgrimage to the Holy Land from 1483-84. Reuwich drew Jerusalem as seen from…

Arch of Janus, in Rome, built in the 4th century CE
This print is from G.B. Piranesi, Vedute di Roma, Tomo II, tav. 24. This is the only surviving example of a quadrifrons arch in Rome.

Clock, from Clock Tower
This clock is on the tower designed by Mauro Codussi.

Clock Tower
Pietro Lombardo added the side wings in 1501-1506. Giorgio Massari added the upper story above the side wings in 1755-1766.

Palazzo Ducale, south wing
This wing is called the Molo.

Fortitude
Fortitude is in the niche on the lower right of the Porta della Carta.

Arco Foscari
The Arco Foscari is in the courtyard of the Palazzo Ducale. It was begun by the Bon family, and completed by Antonio Bregno and Antonio Rizzo.

Drawing of the exterior the Attarine Mosque (”Mosque of St. Athanasius”)
Plate LXVI from Pascal Coste’s “Architecture arabe,” 1839.

Drawing of the exterior of the Great Iwan (Iwan al-Kabir; Iwan of al-Nasir), Saladin Citadel
Plate 19 from Robert Hay’s “Illustrations of Cairo,” 1840.

Porta della Carta
This main portal of the palace is located in the northwest corner. The sculpture above the doorway depicts Doge Francesco Foscari kneeling before the lion of St. Mark.

Porta della Carta
This main portal of the palace is located in the northwest corner. The sculpture above the doorway depicts Doge Francesco Foscari kneeling before the lion of St. Mark.

The Judgment of Solomon
Northwest corner of building

Adam and Eve
Southwest corner of building

Adam and Eve
Southwest corner of building